Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Day - 12 Curling It Up

Our final day in Sweden... I woke up a tad bit late this morning therefore I missed breakfast before curling.. Luckily I didn't get to hungry while curling. Curling was extremely fun today, we learned all the rules from our great instructor. The object of the game is to get your rock closest to the middle of the target. Although you are able to knock the other teams rocks out of the circle or bounce them off one another to get yours closer to the middle.
You alternate throwing 8 rocks between the teams. Usually there is one thrower, two sweepers and one captain. The thrower would start on the block and slide themselves off and let go of the rock before the foul line. The Sweepers job was to sweep the ice in front of the rock in order to warm up the ice to get the rock to keep sliding. The captain called out whether or not to sweep as well as were they want to the thrower to shoot the rock towards. We got to play all these positions luckily as we switched thrower every two throws. Once again we had the same teams as we did for both cooking competitions. Of course we dominated once again, winning two games in a row! Curling was such a great experience I would love to find a place to play this up near school, it seems like a very peaceful game!











On our way to the bus stop after curling we had a mini snowball fight in the street. It was a blast and at one point one of the girls was chasing someone and absolutely bit it in the snow and flipped right on to her back. She wasn't hurt so don't worry, but I thought she was about to buckle over again from laughing so hard. It was pretty funny especially since she was chasing me!

Once we boarded our bus we all decided to split up and go shopping for some gifts for family members. We went to this really nice leather shop where they had make things for you. They have a lot of really nice things in there and I would have really loved to get my parents some things from there but I think if they would have found out how much it cost to get them they would have killed me! It was a pretty big bummer but I think I found a pretty good gift that they should like.

That night JJ brought us to a place called Heaven 23rd. It is a very nice restaurant on the 23rd floor of a hotel in Gothenburg.
It looks out over the whole city and is absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately the lady who greeted us was pretty rude to JJ. We had spoke to a manager last night about reserving some tables for our group and she kept telling us that we needed to leave. Finally someone came over and told us that we could sit at the bar. Our group is pretty resilient so we all let it bounced right off of us and had a great time! We tried their special king fish sandwich witch was delicious.

After we ate we went to a piano bar where Alex absolutely killed it, playing some good classical tunes. Everyone loved it and gave him a big applause. This was a fantastic day and a fantastic trip! JJ and Susie did an awesome job planning this trip for all of us. Every business and every dinner were both fun and informative. If I could I would go on this trip over and over again. I wish it wasn't over already but it is time to get back home and go back to work. I hope one day I am able to come back and visit this wonderful place. I will never forget the people on this trip and all of our great memories that we created!

No comments:

Post a Comment